and quickest by helping others to succeed.”
—Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich
When you help another writer, two things can happen:
- You build equity with your fellow authors.
- You build equity with your readers.
What is equity in this case?
It’s basically credit and reputation. You build relationships and name recognition.
With other authors, you pay it forward.
With your readers, you show them that you’re invested in what you do.
- Review another author’s book. See the post Review Another Author’s Book.
- Promote another author’s book on your social media.
- Buy another author’s book and take photos of yourself with it. Share these photos on your social media with “Look what came in the mail!”
- Interview other authors for your blog. See the post Easy Content: Interview An Expert.
- Schedule a Wily Coffee Break with another author.
- If you see a submission call you think someone else might fit, forward it to them.
If you have any other ideas, fantastic! Put them in the comments.
You must be logged in to post a comment.